AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yieldsense Calibration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tlarson4430
Posted 10/13/2020 04:50 (#8543486 - in reply to #8542328)
Subject: RE: Yieldsense Calibration

You can go into your crop setup page under soybeans and see if there's a calibration in there from a previous year.  If it's blank I don't think there's anything you can do.  If there is a cal in there, you may be able to enter a manual value to adjust the ratio your monitor was off.  For example if the crop setup page has an actual of 30,000 lbs and a measured of 40,000 lbs your crop constant would be 0.75 from a previous year.  If your yield monitor is 10% low from what your scale tickets say this year you could theoretically change that 30,000 value to 34,000 to get a crop constant value of 0.85 (34,000/40,000) which would adjust all of your fields in the monitor up 10% in yield. 

Now I'm not sure on this but if you ran a loads true up on a field I believe this would add 10% to the fields before the loads true up and after the loads true up so your fields before the loads true up would be lower/higher than actual and after would be higher/lower or vice versa depending on if the loads true up increased or decreased the crop constant from the field it was applied to and future fields.  

In the future, you'll want to hit that reset crop setup button on the right before the season begins and run a crop setup calibration from the home screen.  Once that's done you can do a loads true up throughout the year to double check and "dial in" the yield monitor as conditions change but a lot of years the yield monitor will stay accurate throughout the year and the loads true up feature isn't really needed.  

(2020 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2020 (full).jpg (93KB - 7 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)