AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oppsy,,, beanies sliding
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

665 Farmer
Posted 10/12/2020 10:48 (#8542278 - in reply to #8542059)
Subject: RE: Oppsy,,, beanies sliding

michigan
cdustercc - 10/12/2020 09:28

doathlon - 10/12/2020 07:46 It’s 8 cents for corn and 10 for soybeans. Those numbers are from several university studies. You can also find it in a book called “grain marketing made simple” by Edward usset of the university of Minnesota.

How much of that cost is fixed and how much is variable?  I know that owning bins, augers, fans, taxes, insurance, and monthly minimum electrical fees certainly add up, but if someone is going to own bins, those costs exist even if a single grain is never put into the bin.  I think the cost that should matter is the variable cost which would be wear and tear on the bin, auger, fans, and electrical use costs above the monthly minimum.   

This thread cracks me up. Anytime someone ask about getting a bigger combine all they say is you will need bigger or another grain cart, more trucks and operators to keep the combine efficient. But heaven forbid you throw it in a bin and lose a nickel when you can sit in line for a day. ( yes a day, 7 hours is almost what normal work day is)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)