AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FIQ bin level sensor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/10/2020 06:50 (#8538568 - in reply to #8536567)
Subject: Using a relay to reverse bin level sensor logic

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
For what its worth, not all bin level sensors work the same. I tried to use a factory OEM bin level sensor with an Ag Leader system one time. After investigating I found that the bin level sensor that came with the rig used the opposite logic compared to what Ag Leader was expecting. I forget which was which but one was expecting the circuit to be complete when the sensor was untouched (bin level about empty) and the other expected the opposite.

To reverse this logic I used a SPDT relay. The relay must be a double throw type which has 5 terminals. I powered the sensor and connected it to one of coil terminals on the relay. The other coil terminal of the relay went to ground. I used the relay's Common and Normally Closed terminal to the Ag Leader. That meant that output to the Ag Leader was the opposite of the input. Had I used the Common and Normally Open terminals, the logic would not have been reversed.

This would also allow for any voltage differences as long as the coil of the relay matched the sensor.

Edited by tedbear 10/10/2020 06:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)