AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader remote auto steer engage in NH T9 tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/8/2020 06:05 (#8535410 - in reply to #8534585)
Subject: Remote auto steer engage Deere Tractors

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
On my Deere 8310R with SteerCommand using Deere's CAN system, I must use the screen icon or the Deere switch which would be used with Deere steering. An external switch would cause problems with the Deere system as it checks for a return to "off" when the switch is released. I know this because my tractor was a lease return and had a sticky switch (Mountain Dew?) which needed to be replaced. The problem was that the switch was not reliably returning to neutral when released. The Deere system checks for this and refuses to engage next time.

My Deere 8120 uses an external valve and is not tied into the tractors electronics at all. I had a blank spot in the Command Arm and used a momentary rocker to the SteerCommand harness.

My old 8310 non-R with SteerCommand is the same situation with an external valve. There were no unused blanks in the Command Arm. I used a small plastic box to hold the same style momentary rocker switch as was used with the 8120. I was able to use a nipper and nipped out a rectangular hole of the correct size for the switch in the plastic box. The box is attached to the Command Arm on the outside edge with double faced tape. As in the 8120, it connects to the remote branch of the SteerCommand harness.

This is equivalent to the horn button shown in the previous post but a different style switch and mounting method.

Edited by tedbear 10/8/2020 06:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)