AgTalk is committed to operating without commercial advertising. Our fall donation drive is now open.

AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader Incommand 1200 overlapping acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/6/2020 06:53 (#8532384 - in reply to #8532259)
Subject: RE: Agleader Incommand 1200 overlapping acres

Don't call it a 'gator, it's a Ranger
Ag Leader has a provision where you can set the "quality" level of your GPS for the auto swath reducing adjustment. I am just using WAAS (well I was until it quit last night) and so I pick one of the poorer quality settings. I have found that the swath reduction feature based on actual cut is not extremely accurate. With my 8 row corn head, it is reduced in 2 row increments with my settings. Also it may seem to not work at all but remember when the width is suddenly reduced like going from 8 to 6 rows that the combine is still processing 8 rows for a bit.

One thought for your situation would be to setup the head as 29' rather than 30'. This would not be correct when you "strike through" as you would be taking a full 30' then. I do not have auto steer in the combine and am set for 30'. My swath needs to change considerably before the indicator drops to less than 100%. When I combine soybeans at an angle my field acres are about 5% long as you indicated. When I combine with the rows, my harvested acres agree quite closely to planted acres. Since my fields are rectangles this helps considerably. The swath width when set to feet increases and decreases in rather large jumps depending o the head size. I doubt if the system would change on a 1' decrease and will just stay at 100%.

The old Ag Leader monitors had a place where you could enter in the true field acres after a field had been harvested. This would adjust all loads by whatever factor was needed to change the total. I don't recall if this is possible with the InCommand that I now use.

Edited by tedbear 10/6/2020 06:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)