AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seamstress out there - wifes new toy, er I mean tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Southern Farmer
Posted 10/12/2020 18:40 (#8542914 - in reply to #8529477)
Subject: RE: seamstress out there - wifes new toy, er I mean tool

West Texas

Got married in 1970 to my wife and two boys. About 6 months later, I took the youngest boy to town to buy him a pair of shoes. Noticed a big crowd on a street corner and stopped to see what was going on. It was a police auction of confiscated goods that they could not find the owner to. The next item up was a small leather box and I had no idea what was in it. I bought it for $10.00 and took it home before opening it. Inside was a portable General electric sewing machine. For many years, my wife used that machine to make most of the kids clothes. Finally wore out the belt and wrote General Electric asking for a parts manual for it. Guess they passed that letter around to several different offices but after about 5 months I received a letter from them stating that they had quit making sewing machines in 1937 and they had no idea where I could get parts or even a manual. My daughter (born in 1971) now has the machine and still uses it. She is planning on giving it to her oldest daughter.

Edited by Southern Farmer 10/12/2020 18:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)