AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

seamstress out there - wifes new toy, er I mean tool
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 10/4/2020 13:11 (#8529477)
Subject: seamstress out there - wifes new toy, er I mean tool

Pittsburg, Kansas

My wife when I met her was a professional seamstress. So she has always done a lot of sewing. The other night she complained that her New Home 7000, that we bought for her a few years into our marriage so it is probably about 35 years old, started "squaking". She oiled it, even though it is not supposed to need oil, to no avail.

It is 35 years old with a lot of use. She was wondering if it was worth fixing but among various other machines she has owned and used over the years it was always her favorite and go to machine. I told her it is thirty five years old. You got the goodie out of it. Go get you a new one.

So she starts looking at models. This one has features I like but costs a little bit more..................... yada, yada, yada. I act interested because, you know, she is my wife and I love her very much, but I am not actually interested but have to pretend I'm interested so things stay copacetic. You know how it goes guys. I am about as interested in sewing machines as she is in internal combustion engine design or when I tell her how a new turbocharger style operates. So she is vacillating on prices and features, involving me in all of it.

So I finally say, you are retiring, your old machine lasted 35 years, if this one lasts half that long it may be the last sewing machine you ever buy, we can afford it, go get what you want. Not what you "need", what you want. So after extensive research on line, she takes her girlfriend the next day to Springfield, Mo (takes two you know for such important decisions), and gets one

So this is what she ended up with. She is a happy camper happily sewing this morning and I am happy for her. She deserved it (for putting up with me all those years).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCFie4s_H4I&t=969s   She loves it so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjc119vbBA4  Enough of sewing machines, I'm going out to do what I like, cut some wood with my chainsaws.

John

Edited by John Burns 10/4/2020 13:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)