AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Solar farms contract $$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/30/2020 06:06 (#8522371 - in reply to #8522271)
Subject: RE: Solar farms contract $$

central - east central Minnesota -

mx270 - 9/29/2020 23:32 They are proposing a big farm around us. Many neighbors signed up last year. I chose not to and now they are hot after it again. I was wondering what kind of rental rates people are getting. I don't feel that they are leasing it for enough money. The one good thing is they pay on every acre not just where the panels are. On my farm I have almost 20 acres that are waste ground. I have searched here and have reviewed the contract. Most things are obviously in favor of the company. I have heard rents as high as $1200-1500. They are no where near that. Thanks and if you would rather email it's in my profile. 

Well, you kind of answered your own question - there are rents out there for $1200 on up and lesser amounts too. You have to decide what you want and can negotiate with them. Just make sure, you get a cost of inflation adjustment at least every 2nd or 3rd year for the life of contract. There are many, many variables with these leases and it all comes down to what you negotiate out with the solar farm owners. Be darned sure to ask for a stiffen each time the contract is sold and you need to sign off on any new contract owner, so you can keep track of who owns and how to get ahold of them. These leases are 20-30 yrs in length, so you should get some experienced contrate attorney experience to look over the contract.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)