AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you like to look at Semi Trucks with painted fenders press "enter" here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DobsonAG
Posted 9/28/2020 22:42 (#8520634 - in reply to #8520597)
Subject: RE: If you like to look at Semi Trucks with painted fenders press "enter" here

Donnellson, IA. Makes saying here easier.
I have been in about every breed I can think of with about every transmission but an 18 speed. Unless you truck year round or have so much money you need to keep from paying taxes. You will never sell me on a roi of a pete or kw for just hauling grain. The initial cost alone I can't see making up easily, especially not if hauling legal loads. Had 2 freightliners and a volvo I drove that could haul 1000 legal, an international that could too now that I mention it. The last bushels are the cheap ones. Hard to watch 27.5-30k trucks boast that its the only way to fly. Guess out of all I'm good at my math struggles. Its really easy to sell 12000 bushels in 12 loads instead of 13 or 14. By the way to the OP the trucks look good. Sets them off and gives them some character. I love the class that Petes and KW have carried. Especially on the open road industry where they are a workhorse all day all year. But in a grain world I guess its all weight, so many loads in vans never even get to 80k because the items don't weigh enough. Maybe I just know too many that have zero class that drive them locally. Nice fleet.

Oh and on the tractor note. Because they have no creature comforts or bells and whistles. Not so true in the semi world. Can get the same motor in transmission in most and the ride is nice in many of the unclassy too. Not near the same point as a deere to a very low tech tractor.

Edited by DobsonAG 9/28/2020 22:46
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)