AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Difference between JD 680 andJD 670 combines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 9/27/2020 21:06 (#8518508 - in reply to #8518256)
Subject: RE: Difference between JD 680 andJD 670 combines?

Southern MN
My biggest problem with the 80 series is that it is so hard to get a nice grain sample. Run a 9870 Also and that combine always has a nice grain sample, especially in soybeans. Have had several 680’s and 780’s and cannot get a nice sample no matter what I do. Usually Have to run the bottom sieve basically closed to get close to the sample the 9870 puts out. One of the combine experts told me that Deere lengthened the shoe on the 80/90s without redesigning the fan and they do not get even airflow, thus cannot keep the trash floating on top like it should. IDK just one theory I have heard. Have an aftermarket concave in it and I think it helped, but the real problem is in the shoe not the concave I believe.
Other than that the rethresher really limits the access on the right hand side as others have stated.
Do like the combine, the 780 in soybeans is so quiet I am always looking at the tach to make sure I have it at full throttle. The bigger engine is hard to beat, I have to wonder with many of the 670’s around here that have been chipped to pull 12 row chopping heads what kind of engine life they will have.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)