AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody buy or sell cob corn for deer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

puff33m
Posted 9/25/2020 20:37 (#8515151)
Subject: Anybody buy or sell cob corn for deer?

N FLA
I sold 30 tons of cleaned bagged grain corn this week. About half the people that call, text, or come are looking for or mention ear corn.

I am just wondering if anybody has thoughts on how much customers might buy, would I be able to move it by the ton also?Or how I might feasibly store and/or bag cob corn. All I'm thinking about is picking it into a dump wagon, loading a walking floor trailer and dumping it into a commodity shed and then selling by the barrel or bag. I guess id have to hire amigos to help me bag and palletize then put the pallets in the warehouse.

The only farmer I know that does it basically picks into a gravity wagon as needed and sells by the barrel. But I would need to get it out of the field at one time, about 30 days prior to selling. And the place I have in mind for storing a truckload is an alternate location from where I would sell it.

I don't know, just curious if anyone had thoughts to share. Of course there are no corn cribs left around here. People are asking for it, so there seems to be opportunity.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)