AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cataract surgery
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rpops
Posted 9/26/2020 07:24 (#8515721 - in reply to #8514849)
Subject: RE: Cataract surgery

EC IL
I had mine done one year ago, I had $10,000 deductible ins. so it was out of my pocket which opened the door to several options. I was told ins. would not pay for having it done with a laser or having the Torex lens that I used, both are more expensive options. Laser surgery is more precise and I found it totally painless, The Torex lens I used corrected my eyes where long distance is now excellent, and my right eye was adjusted so that I can read a text on my phone easily at about 20" distance. Before my bifocals were necessary at all times. Now I do have a pair of wal mart readers for looking at magazines at night. My eyes are not perfect, but good enough to not have to mess with glasses. One thing on reading and looking at small things, good lighting is more important than ever. After one year of having the surgery, seems like my up close vision may be not quite as good and on some days if I am tired my focus may be off, I am now 65 though. Also, one surgery was done at an outpatient eye surgery center near Bellville Illinois and the other eye done one month later at the hospital in Effingham Ill.. The different locations was to fit the Eye Drs. schedule, Should have been about the same $$$, But Effingham Hospital figured out a way to charge an additional $2,000 + for the same surgery! Total bill around $8,500
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)