AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

When Plans Go Haywire (Part 2)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 9/23/2020 22:16 (#8512080 - in reply to #8511966)
Subject: RE: When Plans Go Haywire (Part 2)

Aggieland
Sure would have loved to have that service truck! I do find it rather crazy that the 5-7 year newer truck with even more emissions controls on it has done so much better. International really screwed up with the 6.0 & 6.4. I had a 6.0 and they are decent engines if you bullet proof them but even then they aren’t bullet proof like everyone claims. I went with the gas on my 19 f250 but I’m thinking I’m going to trade this December for a 6.7 if the tax savings are there. I’ve heard way too many people that were burned by the 6.0 that say nothing bad about the 6.7. I realize everything breaks and every brand has issues but from what I know Ford bringing the 6.7 in house was one of their best moves ever.

I remember years ago your dad raving about the service truck so that leads me to ask the question is he going to replace it with a new one? Maybe he’ll get you a backhoe too?

Thanks for the story, it was fun reading. I think we’ve all had a trip like that at least once in our lives! Mine happened to be with a 6.0 as well when the oil cooler let go 300 miles from home. I just flushed the coolant, changed the oil and drove it home to then repair it to the time of $9500 in parts and I did all the “bullet proofing” myself including installing two new heads.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)