AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Century farm house walkout basement door steps?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 9/23/2020 07:10 (#8510686)
Subject: Century farm house walkout basement door steps?

northeastern Ohio
I'm working on a century farm house basement this week. It has a sandstone foundation with a dirt floor with bricks over top. Renters always complaining about the dampness and lack of height (could not stand up straight). Renters moved out last week and it needs a new furnace and hot water heater. So I decided it would be a good time to dig out the basement and cement the floor.

I took out 12 inches of dirt yesterday. To get the Bobcat down in there I had to remove the sandstone outside steps. The steps would need redone anyhow since the basement floor will be so much lower. Now I need to decide what type of steps to install and how to do it.

Should I go with cement or treated wood for the steps? Do I form up 3 walls and a single flat bottom OR go with two flats (top and bottom)? Or maybe a straight cement slab ramp instead of steps? I would love to do a straight walkout without the incline or steps, but the location of the current door is on the upper side of the lot and the lower side has a crawlspace under the house.

Help me with some suggestions or examples.

(greenehouse (full).jpg)

(20200922_132812 (Large) (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments greenehouse (full).jpg (179KB - 357 downloads)
Attachments 20200922_132812 (Large) (full).jpg (163KB - 391 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)