AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Matt Griggs accident
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

robmgrig
Posted 9/23/2020 16:59 (#8511399 - in reply to #8510684)
Subject: RE: Matt Griggs accident

West TN
johnny skeptical - 9/23/2020 07:10

It's interesting that all the latching components all appear to be intact on the combine, and from what I can see the head appears to be setup for a legacy machine.

Nothing broke on the latching side. It’s 100% on me as to why it happened. As stated, the 3206 head was not made to go on this combine from the factory and I put a Bish adapter to make it work. I did not properly adjust the latch to make sure the hooks TIGHTLY grabbed to bottom latches. Completely my fault and I paid the price for not paying close enough attention to a detail like that. Lesson learned and thankfully it was a mistake that didn’t kill me.

Yes I should have slowed down more but it was right down the road from my shop and I’d been across it many times before. But all it takes is ONE time.

Please let my stupidity be a lesson to everyone else to pay attention to all of the details no matter the time it takes. You never know which one might prevent a disaster like this.

I WILL be wearing my seatbelt from now on. I doubt many think about it in tractors or combines but I found how easy it is to go crashing through the glass.
But I will definitely be putting a Dixie horn on the combine when I get it back!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)