AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New online community to find solutions for your farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Test ForumMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/22/2020 12:12 (#8509508 - in reply to #8509353)
Subject: RE: New online community to find solutions for your farm

southern MN
It will be interesting how old school farming and the connections we have developed crash into the new school thinking of virtual connecting with each other.

While data is a new driver in ag, we still need the fella that fixes tires, the fella that welds, tge engine overhaul. Those things don’t ‘virtual’ very well and so it’s tough to move farmers over into the new world order. Entirely anyhow. I depend more on the supply store then I do a web site.

This here web site, newagtalk, is a very fast and very integrated site that can get me answers on 12 hours, often much less.

I’m sure your web site is run by non farmers, and looking for ways to monetize the web. How can we suck a few fees from people coming and going through our domain. It won’t be the farming, it will be the monetizing through the virtual internet that will be your focus. That will meet some resistance from the old school.

As disembodied farming grows, as the poultry, hog, and now dairy farming has moved towards, those in charge will be happy to dilly dally on the internet and think wonders what they learn from other disembodied think tank people, not a one on either side that has ever had a dirty boot....

The trouble is it takes very few to corporate types to run agriculture, so there will be very few memberships or clickers to monetize in this business plan.

Good luck.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)