AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cfap2 cattle update
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MiradaAcres
Posted 9/23/2020 08:54 (#8510865 - in reply to #8507981)
Subject: RE: cfap2 cattle update

scmn
And it would have been legal since the transactions were completed ahead of the release of the program.

I joked with a neighbor that I should sell all our cattle to neighbor A, who would then sell them all to neighbor B, C, D, etc and finally buy them back. Everyone would have had a high inventory and got paid on the same cattle, but no one ever made the transaction so only I got paid for my cattle. Had we done this back in May after seeing results from CFAP 1 when we joked about it (everyone writes checks) we could been rewarded, but we all figured there was no way they would ever allow that and never figured there would be a round 2. Shoulda woulda coulda, but never did so we deal with the highest inventory.

Looking back a the sale of a group of bottle calves had I picked up the new group 3 days sooner than selling the one group we could have counted an additional 25 calves. The decision to postpone filling for a family wedding cost $1375 CFAP2. Looking back, I should have cut more hay last week too. They say hindsight is 20/20.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)