AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dealership Question - When is enough going to be enough?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

swiafarmer
Posted 9/21/2020 13:12 (#8507777)
Subject: Dealership Question - When is enough going to be enough?

SW IA
I recently had to have a tech come out and do so work on a tractor that I was having some trouble with. The issue was GPS/Autosteer related and I do not have access to do the work myself. The tech was here for about 2 hours getting everything to work and spent some time teaching me a few things, which I really appreciated.

My total bill was approximately $650 before taxes. I called the dealership to ask about the bill. They start billing from the time the tech leaves the shop until they return. They bill an extra $20 an hour for labor that is in the field vs. shop. They bill a service call fee since a company truck drove out to my farm. There is an automatic fee for shop supplies. There is a fee for hooking up the laptop to the machine.

At what point will enough be enough? The few equipment mom and pops that are left don't charge near this amount and seem to be making a decent amount of money. The overhead that some of these places have is just astronomical. Seems like we need to go back to mom and pop.....
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)