AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Big change in our house this week.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dairymanswife
Posted 9/21/2020 12:47 (#8507732)
Subject: Big change in our house this week.

About a month ago, my 96 year old mom had another trip to the ER and hospital stay because of congestive heart failure. She has been in a nursing home rehab center for the last few weeks. She is not making the progress that she did last time. We knew her time in her senior apartment is done, she can't do what needs to be done in there without us being able to go there, which we can't do because of covid. So she was given a tour of the nursing home's complex, the assisted living part of it. She was all enthused when she saw it and said she knew quite a few people in there. So we started making arrangements for her to go there. But her breathing has gotten bad, she sometimes needs oxygen and she just looked so sad and depressed. So after some careful thoughts and some prayers, and talking with Dave, I talked to my mom to see if she wanted to come live with us, at least until covid is over. She was concerned about being a bother, and I reassured her it would be fine. I have 4 siblings that were so grateful, and are very willing to help. My one brother that wasn't involved in her move to the senior apartment 5 years ago, is there right now packing her up with the help of the manager. My sister said she would come and stay for part of the winter if I wanted to go to AZ. So I am sure I will have help. I will also ask the doctor about hospice help.

So I have been busy packing all my things that were in the spare bedroom, to get it ready for mom. I will enforce some rules about who can come and be with her. My siblings are all good about not going to bars and restaurants. They all understand that we have to at least try to be careful. But my brother said it best. He said, I just want to be able to hold mom's hand again. So wish us luck. Dave said he always can retreat to his shop. Heck, if it gets bad, the motor home is out there too.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)