AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does it take to get sued for slander/libel?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Drilldo
Posted 9/21/2020 01:50 (#8507091 - in reply to #8507050)
Subject: RE: What does it take to get sued for slander/libel?

Texas
Bill Moyer - 9/20/2020 23:56

Yes! A few years back I stated that on average over a 7 year time period with 41 replications my product had yielded xxxx bushels better than the one competitor. Within a few hours I was informed I needed to take it down within 10 minutes or the company lawyers would be in touch with me. Well first of all I wasn't home, nor was I going to be in position to take in down for a few hours, and informed the person to that effect. He wanted to know when I might be home and he would be watching me to make sure it came down.

I did take it down. I didn't have the money that that Corporation could have extracted from me just to defend myself. Yet the information I put up was backed up by several years of yield trials I had conducted for a previous employer, plus the continued trials I had conducted for LFB Solutions. If you don't have the money to defend yourself, you are kind of at the mercy of those who do have the money.

Businesses competing against one another and making claims about how their product is better is somewhat different than a customer stating their experience with the product in my opinion. If what you reported was 100% true and not exaggerated in any way I personally would not back down. People can sue you for anything they want but you can also counter sue for your legal fees if they are bringing a bogus claim against you. I guess it boils down to your personality but I personally will not be bullied if I am in the right even if it involves going to court.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)