AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does it take to get sued for slander/libel?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 9/20/2020 23:38 (#8507044)
Subject: What does it take to get sued for slander/libel?

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
Long story shorter, we bought some ag inputs of one brand for many years and then ran in to quality problems last year. Company reps blamed us at first, but eventually offered to replace some of the inputs as they were clearly flawed. We took a small cash refund instead, unimpressed with both the apparent current quality and the way the situation was handled. Fast forward to now, a post on a Facebook group asks about possible quality issues with same input. We, along with several others expressed concerns and/or related experiences. Company rep initiates a text conversation which includes what IMO is a very thinly veiled threat of a slander lawsuit.

My question is, is it really that easy to drag someone in to court for slander, or more appropriately in this case, libel? I don’t see how that should be possible, given what was said is true, but I don’t have a team of lawyers on staff like I’m sure this relatively large company does.

People put bad reviews online all the time, in all kinds of places, including this site. Has anyone else ever received threats from company reps in an attempt to silence them?

Edited by Big Ben 9/20/2020 23:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)