AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice about neighbor and field approach
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rosco
Posted 9/21/2020 08:27 (#8507417 - in reply to #8506723)
Subject: RE: Advice about neighbor and field approach

Galahad, Alberta
So you've informed the owner that his new tenant is driving on your crop, and he got pissy. You've done the big boy thing and asked the renter to stop driving on your crop, and he got pissy. Sounds like you've got some nice folks around there. Maybe it's the heat of harvest, guys are a bit on edge, and he will come back to you and apologize and make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm sure that it's not a huge area, but it's the principle. You just don't drive on another guy's crop. I would watch what happens next spring. See if they wheel out into your field when the crop is small just to get to theirs. If they do, inform the renter that a large corner post is going in with a gate and some fence on your side ( just so he doesn't drive completely around the post on your side) and the renter can either access through the dirt road or come at the gate from the left to get to his rented land. I've taken "short cuts" across other guy's land after it's been harvested, but you don't drive on their crop. Just isn't right.
Rosco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)