AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Advice about neighbor and field approach
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

iseedit
Posted 9/21/2020 06:02 (#8507168 - in reply to #8507096)
Subject: RE: Adverse Possession

central - east central Minnesota -

Drilldo - 9/21/2020 02:12 I guess given you have tried talking to him there are really only two options going forward. 1) build a massive fence from the tree line to the road to prevent them driving on your area. This will undoubtedly piss them off. Right or wrong what are they going to do to retaliate? Is it worth it? Maybe so maybe not. 2) just ignore it and get on with life. There are 43,560 sq feet in an acre. I am guessing they are driving on what maybe a couple thousand square feet of your crop? What is 1/20 of an acre worth? I know it is the principle of it all but is it really worth getting worked up about something that is costing you so little? Given the fact the previous tenants used it without damaging your crop and there is easy access for them along the other road I would probably fence it off. It’s one thing if that was their only way in and they were doing the best they could and damaged a little of your crop but it sounds like they just don’t care or are even doing it on purpose. Maybe do you have something you could park there that would prevent them from running over your crop and send the message?

what you describe is "Adverse Possession" That part of the OP land (driveway/corner of crop land) could then be considered the legal access to the neighboring field for life. It needs to Stop . . . . As suggested, plant a HUGE corner post and fence to tree line. Surprised BTO hasn't ripped out the tree line and any fence that may be there ?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)