AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trickle down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

mjl
Posted 9/20/2020 11:38 (#8505847 - in reply to #8505433)
Subject: RE: Trickle down?

MN
McFarmer - 9/20/2020 07:57

The land I farm raised two families, sent the kids to school without debt, mothers worked at home and they retired comfortably.

My kids took out loans they are still paying on, my wife worked most of the time and I couldn’t retire on what the farm brings in. I had more livestock, but didn’t work the hours. I always had a part time job.

Progress ? Not from what I see.

The middle class has taken it in the nads, they keep blowing smoke up our shorts but the economic system has failed the majority of the country. Yes we have shiny things but both families traded vehicles more than we ever have, my car in high school was newer than what my wife drives now, the house is largely the same, the machinery is older.

We raised our own meat, had a big garden, bought just flour, sugar etc. no internet, cable tv, air conditioning, cell phones, cars were basic, had 1 car, did not ever eat out, really lifestyle has changed so dramatically that its not comparable.

plus the fact that since we left the gold standard the fed has made our money worthless.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)