AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trickle down?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jtpfarm
Posted 9/20/2020 11:17 (#8505818 - in reply to #8505752)
Subject: RE: Trickle down?

mn
McFarmer - 9/20/2020 10:29

jtpfarm - 9/20/2020 09:41

I don't see how the slow/strategic release of production and inventory numbers is a farm safety net. Its actually almost the opposite at times and partly the need for the incentive to keep production high.

That isn’t the bulk of what I said.

But anyway, to address that. We raise what we raise, we use what we use. No reports can change that. If a person believes there is some concerted effort to massage the numbers, which I don’t think there is, the effect would be minor to the actual production and use. It’s something we grab onto to take the blame off ourselves.

And I didn't say the numbers are massaged. I said they are reaseasd slowly and strategically to avoid large spikes (or sometimes drops) in prices. In general, to keep food cheap. Yes we produce what we produce and use what we use. But any major changes are introduced slowly into the market or when there is data to counteract big information. It's still the correct data, just timed strategically. If this wasn't the case, the final yield number would be final. Predictions on something that hasn't happened yet can also be used to incentivize production and keep food cheap depending on timing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)