AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

soil test potassium recs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

GOOSEPILOT
Posted 9/18/2020 14:13 (#8502691 - in reply to #8502669)
Subject: RE: soil test potassium recs

WC Mn/Dakotas
Yes then those yield goals are very achievable simplying by applying PK for each crop each year. As I said, I would focus on applying for yield goals and maybe a little more. Don't focus on rebuilding numbers unless you have alot of money to waste (or tie up for many years with no or little return). You have good o.m. so your mineralizing some P. Your soil must have decent K parent material, but is very low. Here is a couple screen shots of nutrient removals. Remember you need total removed to be PLANT available each year and in enough quantity at peak times. Clearly when applying only 52lbs of P and 60lbs K and growing that many bushels your ground is very capable. You will not have 100% of what you apply be plant available or 100% consumed either. I don't think most universities or labs recommend enough K especially in higher cec soils.

(Screenshot_20200918-125556_Fertilizer Removal (full).jpg)

(Screenshot_20200918-125449_Fertilizer Removal (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot_20200918-125556_Fertilizer Removal (full).jpg (153KB - 81 downloads)
Attachments Screenshot_20200918-125449_Fertilizer Removal (full).jpg (149KB - 69 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)