AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GPS receiver proximity ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/19/2020 06:02 (#8503588 - in reply to #8502560)
Subject: Think you will be OK

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
At one point in time I had a GPS system that did not provide emulated radar speed out for the separate planter monitor that I was using. I mounted one of those GPS speed only devices on the cab as well as the regular GPS that provided the location information for the steering system. They were mounted reasonably close to each other and I had no problem. In my case the GPS speed only antenna did not need to be in the center of the cab.

I don't believe you will have a problem since the GPS devices are receive only. On the other hand, radios that transmit can cause GPS interference.

I'm not following exactly what you are trying to do but for a permanent setup many GPS devices can be setup to output to two different devices. If the devices happen to use the same GPS setup (BAUD rate, messages etc.) it may be possible to literally split the signal into two branches. If the devices need different GPS setups, then a cable is needed that connects to two ports of the GPS. Each port can be configured separately. Not all GPS system have that capability.

You say temporarily so I assume you do not want go with a two port cable even if one is available.

Edited by tedbear 9/19/2020 06:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)