AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Masks vs. vaccine from CDC last night
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/17/2020 16:28 (#8500984 - in reply to #8500303)
Subject: RE: Masks vs. vaccine from CDC last night

southern MN
RatRod4020 - 9/17/2020 07:57

JDSWMO - 9/17/2020 08:51

#2 I thought the masks were to protect others???

They are but most people, especially on this forum, are completely clueless to that

Hand sanitizer and 6 feet of distance seems to do a lot to slow down the virus. It does not and will not eliminate it, but it sure slows it down it appears.

A properly worn mask adds a few percent more protection to the spread of the virus.

A mask does not stop the virus, and it does not filter out the virus.

Basically a mask might cut the social distancing to 4 feet, instead of 6 feet? That is about the size of it. It’s a really leaky thing, as far as filtering out virus.

An improperly used mask might be worse than no mask at all, as it can carry and spread the virus on the surface, it can cause some other minor problems as well.

But the biggest negative to masks as we are forced to wear them, is they seem to give the masses a false sense of security. People get right up close now with a mask. There is this idea floating around that if we all just wear masks the virus will magically go away.

So the smart folk understand a proper mask can slightly add a small level of safety to virus spread in some cases.

Perhaps you are one of these smart people too.

But we have to be careful how we say things.

Masks will not end the virus.

Masks will not give you 1 foot protection from the virus.

Dragging a wet hot mask around and playing with it all day long and laying it on surfaces like a break table, work surface, your chin, and back over your mouth and nose a dozen times a day isn’t a good thing it might spread the virus more then no mask at all.

So we need to be real careful when we are pro mask.

It’s only a very small incremental safety measure.

For short term and a little closer than 6 feet situations, it’s worth using and I certainly respect those that want me to do so.

I see those situations more now, but I think the mandatory Wearing of masks has given a false sense of security, people ‘hide behind’ the mask and feel they are invincible with it now.

As some sort of cure for the virus, and an impenetrable shield against it as some appear to feel about them, I guess that is wrong, and where my negative tone towards masks has come from.

They will not do very much, only just a little.

Be careful promoting or relying upon masks to do much good. My opinion.

I’ve worn one every place it was asked of me, and other than the grumble we all have for the whole blessed situation, I have not complained one bit about that.

My wife has to wear one 8-10 hours a day at work, they are struggling to keep 6 feet of distance in her work environment, but the masks offer quite a bit of problems and you wonder how much they help, vs how much they are used to bath all flat surfaces with many different viruses......

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)