AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Keto concerns
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/20/2020 18:50 (#8506430 - in reply to #8506126)
Subject: RE: Keto concerns

Pittsburg, Kansas

Good for you.

I would not worry about the weight goal. As your body gets more healthy the weight will come off. Wife and I went on the diet to lose weight but I believe what actually happened is we got healthy and so the weight naturally came off.

The human body regulated it weight effectively for thousands of years. It is only when we introduced modern processed foods that the problem has developed. In nature all three food groups, carbohydrates - fat - protein, rarely come in a single package. Carbs and protein eaten together usually is not much of a problem (if a person is metabolically healthy but few nowadays are). Fat and protein eaten together is not a problem. But when we eat all three together the carbs raise the insulin and body senses plenty of everything so any energy not used at the time goes to fat storage. Add in some bad fats that are obesogenic to begin with and the problem compounds. Add in highly processed foods that do not send the proper satiety signals to the brain and in time we become obese.

Fried foods are fine. Just make sure they are fried in a healthy animal fat. Bacon grease makes everything taste good! :-)

John

Edited by John Burns 9/20/2020 18:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)