AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine upgrade time. CIH or NH??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

case
Posted 9/17/2020 13:52 (#8500829 - in reply to #8500737)
Subject: RE: Combine upgrade time. CIH or NH??

Central ND
The 9060 you looked at mustve been used hard. It is also a smaller rotor machine than the 9070.

I will say we run 250-300 sep hours a year. About the only belt we replace yearly is a single rib shaker drive belt. We do replace feeder drive chains and clean grain elevator drive chain yearly but they have gone to a belt feeder drive now. In the 7 years we've had it, I've never done a rotor belt nor had any gearbox issues. Ive replaced both front rotor bearings 1 time and its an easy field repair.

We have 3500 engine hours on it. We've put all new rasp bars in it once. Chopper knives a couple times. Top rotor covers once. Combine has never left us sitting in the field except for front rotor bearings which are a quick easy fix once you learn it, and 1 time the sensor for the auger being out failed and we couldnt unload. Just swapped it with the service ladder step sensor and we were back rolling.

Im not saying they dont break down or ever have issues. Just sharing my experience ive had with it being a very good uptime machine. Frankly I love my CR.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)