AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

KNEADING
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thinkstoomuch
Posted 9/16/2020 21:25 (#8499795 - in reply to #8499014)
Subject: RE: KNEADING

Kettle Moraine, WI
I have read that you can't over knead bread when needed by hand and can when kneaded by machine.

In my kitchenaid mixer I have found with a dough that seems dry to me kneaded for 6 mixes at speed 2 with dough hook makes the best rising bread for me. Nothing fancy. (I use all purpose flour generic flour)

A read about cold ferment dough and desire to not take it too long to make bread. So now what I prefer to do is 10 min yeast rise with all recipe quantity of warm water and a cup of flour. Then add remaining flour and knead for 6 minutes. Put in fridge on sheet pan. Wash tools. 12 hours to 3 days later. When I want to bake I take out of fridge bring to room temp and raise. Make into loaves. Bake at 355. Cut a piece 5 minutes after out of oven and have some with butter.

I found cold ferment to make a better crumb and more pliable crumb. I cold ferment a pizza dough for 5 days. Pizza dough I mix ingredients in bowl with spatula without true kneading. 1-5 days later I have good pizza dough to press into cast iron pan.

I use about 6 cups flour, 2 1/2 cup water, 1tbsp yeast, sprinkle salt. Simple easy consistent.

Sorry for off topic. Yeasted dough was a hobby of mine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)