AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this the current state of affairs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

caleb2684
Posted 9/16/2020 22:45 (#8499950 - in reply to #8499931)
Subject: RE: Is this the current state of affairs?

Aggieland
Kinda pains me to watch that. Having worked in the gin business for a few years I can say the round modules are a pain in the rear. Not a single person on the entire gin crew cares one bit if that plastic gets into the lint because they won’t see the end product that can’t be dyed or threaded because tiny pieces of yellow plastic are woven into that fabric. Whoever can create an organic wrap for the modules or a automated way of removing 100% of the plastic will have something to sell for sure. But as a gin manager we would spend hundred of thousands of dollars to gain 5 seconds per bale or to eliminate 2-3 employees and because of that I respected the farmers use of the round baler. There are more cost effective ways to harvest cotton but there are none faster. And when you’ve got a storm in the gulf and cotton ready to pick, sign me up for the green machine. I truly hope CaseIH or Agco has a cotton solution to compete once Deere’s patent runs out because the monopoly is not good for the industry.

Caleb
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)