AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean Weed Control - Pre
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johns_79
Posted 9/16/2020 15:19 (#8499059 - in reply to #8498941)
Subject: RE: Soybean Weed Control - Pre

Windom, MN
The only advantage to not using a pre-emerge is cost savings. Some might say there is some crop injury with certain pre-emerge herbicides as well.

I put down a mix of sonic and metribuzin pretty much right behind the planter. Weeds are easier to kill when they are small, so the pre helps keep the weeds from growing for a few weeks. About a month later I can come back with Liberty, something for residual like a dual, and a volunteer corn killer. With 15" rows, it's only a week or two to canopy, then it's just spot spraying after that. My chemical program isn't cheap, I know that. But we had a failure a few years ago with some roundup beans where waterhemp took off. Easily knocked 20-25 bushels off the yield in the very infested areas, so I don't tolerate weeds, and I don't have a lot of time to walk my fields and pull them either. Seems even if you pull the large waterhemp they will still re-root somehow.

I've never tried the extend beans, but do have enlist this year. I didn't spray enlist though, seems the program I have works pretty well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)