AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

BEN
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

StxPecans
Posted 9/17/2020 11:13 (#8500612 - in reply to #8500540)
Subject: RE: BEN

As a near bankrupt guy(not really but tight budget) I take extremely good care of my stuff as I can't afford major repairs. But one serious event and I very well could be bankrupt.

When I worked for a oil and gas company as a mechanic we tore up more stuff and ran stuff into the ground like you wouldn't believe. Infact we had a whole fleet of cat 299d2s we used to move water lines and big rocks for tempary colverts. Those big limestone rocks wrecked havoc on the track system. Had workers take out the cab glass for somthing as dumb as a broken a/c knob. Never checked fluid levels or watch a guage. They would run the equipment till it wouldn't move any more, take a break try agian then call a mechanic. This was a company with an unlimited budget. After they hit about 1500hrs/1 year old they were getting pretty rough and they went to auction. They brought good money though. I Wana say about 65k average. I would have never bought one knowing how they were treated. They were cab models and they workers would take them to the wash bay and pressure wash inside the cab. They destroyed those machines.

Edited by StxPecans 9/17/2020 11:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)