AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Illinois & Indiana toll roads questions. I80 mostly
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

milam
Posted 9/16/2020 10:02 (#8498654 - in reply to #8498365)
Subject: RE: Illinois & Indiana toll roads questions. I80 mostly

Just up in the Chiraq area Labor Day weekend. The cash toll booths are closed and either use an IPass or go online to pay your tolls. You have 7 days to pay before violations are issued. I suggest getting the IPass if you plan to make more than a few trips through there.

We have an IPass with 3 license plates registered to it. It used to be as long as the transponder was in a vehicle it would read and deduct the toll, that is no longer the case. a few years ago we traded vehicles and put new plates on the new car. A few months later we received the violation in the mail. I called to find out why and was informed the plate wasn't registered to the IPass so that is why the violations were sent. Very easy to add the new license plate to the account and the violations were voided. IPass is valid in a lot of the eastern states for toll roads which is nice for travel. The Illinois Tollway website has more information about what states honor the IPass and the Tollway customer service is great to deal with, not the typical Chicago unfriendliness.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)