AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do farmers visit in person much anymore?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/15/2020 22:57 (#8498107 - in reply to #8497903)
Subject: RE: Do farmers visit in person much anymore?

southern MN
That got way less years ago when farms got big and everyone started looking at their neighbor for more land to run..... maybe right about the time 4wd tractors showed up.

But this virus hasn’t slowed down the rural conversations here, what was is still going on. Several neighbors chatted with me this week, back with straw sales I was working with a couple neighbors and families just like always.

Generally it’s the 70 year olds that walk right up face to face, I try to allow the 6 feet out of respect for any issues.

I find office staff of the farm businesses to be heavily indoctrinated as to all the precautions And restrictions while the people out doing work don’t matter much all the same as before. I suspect that comes from above, the office areas have to try to comply with state directives. Folk out on the beat are a little harder to control.

Farm auctions the auction staff walks the line on preferring masks, this that and the other. I see very few masks, I do see folk standing spaced farther apart but neighbors still clump together in smaller groups, but normal visiting going on. Just spaced a little farther in general.

My simple observations.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)