AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

550,000 iowa corn acres
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

kts
Posted 9/15/2020 22:39 (#8498091 - in reply to #8497634)
Subject: RE: 550,000 iowa corn acres

Odd pocket,Illinois
Well you never took me up my offer to come look for yourself when I was talking about ground that I was pretty certain was gonna be pp back then. I farm all river bottoms, water table is influenced by the river. So to put it in terms that hopefully you can understand, when river is high, water begins to come out of the soil in the low lying areas but the land that lays higher stays dry. So just because I have ground that is oozing seep water I still have ground that sits higher,therefore I can still be planting corn first week of April in which I did. Getting back to the pp acres,I ended up having to pp about 21% of my total acres this year because of seep water from the river. Lots of guys here were planting corn first week of April and almost all of them have pp acres of some sort. Huh, maybe I do know the land I farm better than you. Apparently not everyone drags a planter through ice cream dirt in the land of gumdrops and lollipops. First week of April corn was running around 23% week ago Saturday, get a dryer and start shelling.

Edited by kts 9/15/2020 22:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)