AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Missing my bread and sweet teas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/16/2020 06:56 (#8498303 - in reply to #8497650)
Subject: flavored sparkling or in other words soda water

Pittsburg, Kansas

I drink the heck out of flavored soda water. So much so that we bought a soda machine and a 30# bottle of CO2 (the little canisters that come with the machines and are refillable are terribly expensive CO2). I'm coming up on a year and have not refilled the 30# bottle yet.

Aldi's store brand of flavored sparkling water is as good as any and is pretty cheap. We have bought a number of different brands on the road and I have yet to find any that were bad. LaCroix is one brand we have drank a lot of that is good. We still keep cans of flavored sparkling (soda) water around for on the go and lunch box.

My wife got me started on them when she cut out regular pop. I thought they tasted horrible. Then as I weaned myself off the diet sodas over time I got a taste for it and now drink it most of the time. I'll go through 3-4 liters a day. Have 5 of the SodaStream bottles and will fizz up 4 while the last is in the fridge.

We bought a Kitchen Aid soda machine which is kind of a fancy model. But it has the same filling mechanism made by SodaStream as the cheaper ones. The Kitchen Aid is very heavy (made of metal instead of plastic) so sits on the pantry shelf very solid hooked up to the 3' hose and 30# CO2 bottle.

A person that is used to and craving sweet taste is going to hate it to begin with. But it quickly grows on you as the sweet cravings go away.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)