AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Missing my bread and sweet teas
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/16/2020 06:31 (#8498269 - in reply to #8497370)
Subject: cravings

Pittsburg, Kansas

I can't remember for sure but it took me at least 3 months and it might have been 6 months before I gave up Diet Dr Pepper and diet sodas in general. It was one of my last "sweet" holdouts. That and the sweet tea that comes in a squirt bottle you just squirt a dab in a water bottle or glass.

Now those are both zero calories so what was the problem with them? Well for me, which I think was an addiction problem as much as a diet problem, they were my last link to wanting something tasting sweet.

For me the cravings did eventually go away, but it was not particularly quick. Some of them did go away pretty quick. Others it took a while. But I would presume that would vary a lot between individuals. For me my health benefits were so great and came so quickly it probably gave me a lot of motivation to continue so the cravings may not have seemed like such a suffrage. Perhaps for someone who just wants to lose a few pounds but otherwise thinks they are healthy it might seem like giving up a lot. Don't know, just speculating.

But eventually, for me, they did pass. I can walk by foods I used to enjoy and when I smell them remember how good they used to taste. But I no longer have the desire to eat them.

One doctor I follow somewhat, but do not listen to all his videos, tackles the diet from an addiction standpoint. He has about the same information of what to eat as most of the other keto/low carb doctors but he just approaches it from a different standpoint. His presentations may be helpful for some people.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Dr+Cywes

Some people can successfully just cut back on consumption of carbohydrates. Others like myself pretty much just have to say no. Some people can have that slice of pizza once a week and go right back on the more strict diet. With me it would be one slice this week. Then two slices next week. Then pizza twice a week. And finally eating it whenever. So I have decided I just have to say no. Much like an alcoholic is always an alcoholic, but is either a drunk or sober. I'm a carbaholic, carb sober for 18 or so months now. But that is just me. I don't think it applies to everyone.

Good luck with your journey and however you decide to continue.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/16/2020 06:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)