AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

To mask or not to mask
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/15/2020 11:04 (#8496925 - in reply to #8496874)
Subject: RE: To mask or not to mask

southern MN
Governments write rules.

The trouble is writing rules that make sense. And then writing them so there aren’t loopholes.

And then trying to be somewhat fair.

That’s a tall order.

When the unexpected comes along, the govt needs to act fast and get things done.

As time moves forward, the govt needs to return to making sensible, no loophole laws that are indeed difficult and time consuming to craft and make somewhat fair.

With this pandemic, the initial reaction was pretty sweeping, but facing the unknown it was warranted.

We were promised a 3 week reaction to flatten the curve, and then more thought out, sensible reaction. Most of these lock down order emergency stuff has a 30 day expiration, if you read the actual rules they should be following. We are in month 8 now????

What we got was candy stores owned by friends of the governor allowed to open, furniture and electronics and goods allowed to sell from the big box stores, but small individually owned stores were shuttered and closed. Very small example of a very big issue.

Rules remain in the ‘one size fits all’ where those rules only make sense in a big metropolis crowded cities. They are not appropriate for scarcely populated remote areas. But nobody cares. Do as you are told.

And so, as time moves forward, people feel lied to, abandoned, and or treated unfairly by the govt.

I went to HyVee for dinner yesterday, went to a local auto repair place where some other folk stopped by, and a neighbor rode a horse through my field roads I happened to be mowing on the same field road so we chatted 5 minutes.

The unrest and anger is building on this. It was an interesting day of hearing different people from different backgrounds. The conversations were all very similar. I didn’t ever start anything about any of this, I talk about the weather and crops and stuff.

I think everyone knows the virus is the enemy, and we do need some caution. Everyone I overheard didn’t want to get the virus, but they wanted to live and enjoy life. No one understands the haphazard lock down orders that are just a real mess of confusion by now.

But some of the states have used this for social engineering, for picking winners and losers, for controlling folk. There is a lot of resentment building. I’ve heard it before, but yesterday it was much louder and from all types of people, not just some similar minded group.......

If your back yard is working well, that is great. Some back yards are feeling very unfairly treated.

I was surprised at the tone of the random folk. It’s changed a lot the past 2 months.

Paul

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)