AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Market Indicator settings... MACD and Stochastic - Also what others do you like?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

NEIAAG
Posted 9/14/2020 09:07 (#8494824 - in reply to #8494747)
Subject: RE: Market Indicator settings... MACD and Stochastic - Also what others do you like?

GrainTrader - 9/14/2020 08:34

This of you who use the MACD and or Stochastic as market indicators, what settings do you use for different charts? (Hourly, Daily, Weekly?)

Is there a standard that a lot of these charts will default to between different input times or something of the such?

Also, what other indicators do you use for hedging or spec trading?

Hi GT,
Well, maybe it will be different this time, but over the years, I have had this conversation many times here and privately. The standard answer is - nobody knows. "It's the one on DTN", or whatever platform they are using. I have never met a farmer that has done the statistical work on them yet. But they use them "cuz they work". Yet, if you run an exhaustive study on any of them "standing alone", ALL of the literally millions of combinations of settings that can be tested will fail miserably over the long haul. I posted the statistical results of the standard 12.26.9 in soybeans for JC a year or so ago, and if I remember right, they made money less than 9% of the time. So the signals have to be filtered out in some way. Using cycles, price action or just talent seems to be the most common filter, but I wouldn't take anybody settings given here without testing them first.

Take care

Edited by NEIAAG 9/14/2020 09:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)