AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Found this gold chart interesting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/14/2020 12:59 (#8495213 - in reply to #8495157)
Subject: I take that back

Pittsburg, Kansas

I am smarter today than I was back then.

I know today that there is a lot more that I don't know that I knew that I did not know about back then.

John

As an aside, here are a few of the many books of the era that had a great influence on my investing practices. Needless to say they would not be the best choices for the recent period when momentum and story stocks carried the market. But since I have been largely in gold and silver since the last financial crisis my portfolio sucked for the better part of ten years anyway. But I am coming back strong. I am an extremely lazy investor. I try not to buy anything that I would not want to own for at least seven years (influenced by the statistics in one of those books).

So whatever anyone does, don't listen to me for investment advice. Although I am quite comfortable in my retirement even after numerous bumps along the way. Off farm investment and saving is starting to prove out to be just as profitable as anything I ever did on the farm.

I think I have seven books (all of old vintage) on Warren Buffet. Never owned his company though. :-(

Edited by John Burns 9/14/2020 13:02

(20200914_124907 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20200914_124907 (full).jpg (107KB - 3 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)