AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oregon is a Mess! Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Oregon Farmer
Posted 9/13/2020 10:24 (#8492720)
Subject: Oregon is a Mess! Pics

Independence OR
Since monday night we have been dealing with unbelievable amounts of smoke in western Oregon. We have had really rare weather event that causes high winds up to 50 mph in the tinder dry mountains areas east of us whipping up several large fires. Not dipping too far into the politics of the fires, but most people think a percentage of them have been started by arsonists. There have been several reports from farmers and ranchers in the outlying areas of willamette valley of fires being intentionally started. I guess time will tell, but what I do know is that it has really messed with the september harvests for the farmers with late crops. Currently we are in the process of cutting our 2nd cutting of mint, and it has been a real challenge to get the crop to dry out. Others in the area are harvesting hops as well as the late season seed crops. All of these pictures I am posting are from the middle of the day, on tuesday we worked with lights on all day. We will get through it, and I am feeling lucky that the fires didn't damage any of our structures, but many in the are are not so lucky. I have family from Estacada, a old logging town east of Portland. they are all evacuated and have no idea if there homes will survive. I attached a video on the bottom that is pretty good too.

Edited by Oregon Farmer 9/13/2020 10:29

(IMG_0522 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0532 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_2457 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0550 (full).jpeg)

(IMG_0547 (full).jpeg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0522 (full).jpeg (87KB - 386 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0523.mov (14699KB - 888 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0532 (full).jpeg (123KB - 347 downloads)
Attachments IMG_2457 (full).jpeg (102KB - 336 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0550 (full).jpeg (121KB - 489 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0547 (full).jpeg (79KB - 359 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)