AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hundreds of hours of education in one hour and eleven minutes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/14/2020 13:15 (#8495241 - in reply to #8495217)
Subject: the oils

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have noticed the same things in the stores.

Looking for coconut oil? Probably 5-10 different brands in WM. Probably could not have even found coconut oil five years ago and if so maybe one kind. Low carb bread in Aldi's, etc.

Heck just by the emails I have gotten, a surprising number right here on AgTalk have been doing it, some as long or longer than me.

There still may be stuff to be learned about the seed/vegetable oils. I sure hope they can come up with a way to keep the oxidation in check so they are more healthy. I'm not yet sure they are as bad as being portrayed, but I think they are a whole lot worse than what we have been told about them being and sold as "heart healthy" all these years. I think they were "healthy" for the manufacturers bottom line that promoted and used them. With the ag community fully on board of course. We knew no different.

The world population what it is we really need a crop solution to health problems and not rely entirely on animal fats. Too many people even if we turned the whole world to grass, in my opinion. Once the ball gets rolling hard I think science will find a way to improve the oils. It just takes the monetary incentive and public outcry to get it done. Already some work done on sunflower oil.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/14/2020 13:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)