AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hundreds of hours of education in one hour and eleven minutes
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 9/14/2020 07:58 (#8494680 - in reply to #8494413)
Subject: RE: Hundreds of hours of education in one hour and eleven minutes

Pittsburg, Kansas

LOL

There is a fine line between wanting to help people and hitting them over the head with a board when it comes to giving them information. I struggle with that. Not wanting to be obnoxious but yet realizing how important that message has been to me and how many more it could help.

I know in my and my wife's case, we wouldn't have listened to anything like that link till we got to a point in our life where we came to the realization if we did not do something our health was rapidly deteriorating and we were looking at very bad outcomes in the not too distant future so we were willing to make the effort to change.

Unfortunate, but human nature. Most of us don't want to change till we have to or forced to. The lucky ones realize it soon enough they make the change before life conditions actually force a change and usually that change is a lot more violent (disease, operations, etc) and unpleasant than the changes it would have taken a few years earlier if done voluntarily.

Kind of like watching a grandchild make terrible life choices but having no effect in trying to help them avoid them. Most things people just have to make the mistakes and suffer the consequences themselves. Being able to recognize and benefit from others making the mistakes instead of ourselves is a blessing.

Just my opinion. Definitely not medical advice.

John

Edited by John Burns 9/14/2020 08:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)