AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gall bladder removal - bile -- sibo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

K in Iowa
Posted 9/11/2020 12:47 (#8489248 - in reply to #8488558)
Subject: RE: Gall bladder removal - bile -- sibo

Hey John,

I am 66 now, and had my gall bladder removed when I was 23 due to severe gall bladder disease. I completely understand what you are saying about what your wife is experiencing. Here's what works for me:

1. Eat small amounts several times, rather than large meals. Avoids the need for the bile bolus.

2. DON'T go long times without eating. Bile accumulates in the large intestine and causes what is known as "dumping syndrome". Severe cramping and then diarrhea,

I was guilty of going long times without eating, and just suffering through the severe cramping. Basically, the less I ate, the better my gut felt. I was eating one meal a day at 6 pm so I wouldn't be forced to race to the bathroom during work. I never ate breakfast. This, as it turns out was a really bad idea. Over the years, the damage done to my colon due to the cramping required removal of part of it after it finally ruptured. Took me a year to recover. Doc said I was fortunate to live throught it.

The fix / prevention is rather simple. Fiber. I now take a fiber supplement every morning. Citrucel or Metamucil. Metamucil can cause bloating and should be started slowly, Citrucel will not. My surgeon told me that if I take this every day for the rest of my life, I'll never see him again.

For me, the fiber supplement has completely fixed the issue.

K
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)