AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CenterPoint VRS on Trimble TMX 2050
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cwrisley
Posted 9/13/2020 21:30 (#8494143 - in reply to #8492278)
Subject: RE: CenterPoint VRS on Trimble TMX 2050

Upstate New York

I've used the VRS Direct unlock as well on PIQ for RTK. It worked well for me, got it going this spring with help from everyone here.

I have a wifi usb antenna plugged into the tmx
I have a glocalme hot spot
I have the VRS unlock Part# 96553-16
Trimble Modem Services app (enabled) (Can turn this 'on' once you buy the above unlock)
PIQ Firmware : v6.40.000.74.4
High Accuracy Unlock
GPS set to Centerpoint VRS
FOR FMX+
--Add 'VRS' Plugin on the setup screen and setup with server info (CORS, mountpoint, username, password)
FOR PIQ
--Setup GPS and fill in server info (CORS, mountpoint, username, password)

Startup Sequence:
Jump in cab and turn on TMX (TMX Starts up)
Hold power button for g3 hot spot (turns on and logs in and connects to cell data automatically, I don't need to do anything)
TMX searches for a wifi source, and see's the hot spot, and connects automatically. (Like a laptop in range of a wifi router that you said 'connect automatically)
Give it a couple minutes and you can check the status under the system info tab (I also have have office sync, so I check the status there to confirm 'internet')
Open FMX+ or PIQ (depending on farm task)
Click on the satellite in top left and check gps status. I think it's 'fixed' when everything is good.

Notes:
I switch between FMX+ and PIQ and no issues with the above and as along as I have cell coverage. I also turn on the xfill standard, to get up to 20 minutes of "xfill/RTX" if I loose cell signal...I think up to 20 minutes of xfill is included with the high accuracy unlock? To note, I have not used the PIQ for any auto steering. Just used PIQ for camera and ISO while in the 'run' screen, but it does say it's RTK.

Let me know if you have any questions on anything!

Edited by cwrisley 9/13/2020 21:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)