AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FBN - trouble ahead, WSJ story.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

STFB
Posted 9/11/2020 09:06 (#8488737 - in reply to #8487541)
Subject: RE: FBN - trouble ahead, WSJ story.

Northwest Ohio
I think a long time poster on here along time ago said about the chemical comapanies " You need to play by their rules or you are out of business."

Any other industry or the blatant abuse on any other demographic of society, there would massive legal action to eliminate the price fixing going on. It is truly atrocious the cooperate abuse going on.

And the farmers response? These retailers and chemical companies are looking out for us!

Wake up and set down the comapny koolaid from your 'free' mugs. The retailers cried to the manufacturers that they need to protect their profits and the manufacturers in turn want to protect their profits...... Who is protecting the US farmers profits? What do the seed and chemical companies sell their same chemicals and seed to Brazilian farmers for? You know, the seed and chemicals that they won't sell to FBN to protect the North American farmer.

And as far as data, I will refer to what I learned from google about data... After all Google seems to know about data.

Basically one of the take away from google about data is that the value of data is directly proportional to the amount of data. Meaning yes, my personal data has some value. Not as much value as my data combined with 20 of my local producers. And not even close to the value as what thousands of producers, nation-wide, data is worth.

So what do I get paid for my personal data? Unlimited access to a database worth exponential more then my limited database.

As farmers, we need to start working together..... The biggest competition to put us out of businuess is not our nieghboring farmer..... The real threat is our suppliers, who would rather have smaller, more consolidated client list and the cooperate end users who want to keep us below break even prices while extorting the public for record profits.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)