AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outdoor WiFi extender
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/10/2020 12:51 (#8487062 - in reply to #8486986)
Subject: RE: Outdoor WiFi extender

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
My Great Nephew did that with our drying setup. An internet Camera is wired to a WiFi extender that is plugged into 110 VAC in the dryer shack. This was necessary since the camera would not reach the router in his house. The distance is not tremendous and the extender works fine.
Once at the router the video picture gets to the internet and to a website. I'm unsure if the site is sponsored by the WiFi extender folks or someone else. I don't think there is any charge for using the website.. We use a phone app called Wansview. I have the IOS version on my iPhone and he has the Android version on his phone. We only have one camera for the dryer setup. I don't know if this setup could work with several cameras but I'm sure someone makes one that does.

Our dryer setup evolved in a strange way and we were forced to add another wet holding bin. I used combine hopper sensors from Deere and attached 5 of them in each bin. I made bin level indicators out of truck clearance lights with one on each wet bin. I used LED type truck clearance lights that run on 12VDC. The clearance lights are designed to be outside. I use a power supply from an old 2-way radio system that we no longer use. A real battery with a trickle charger would work also. I made another set of indicators with LEDs that are inside the shack beside the dryer operational screen. Since the camera points at the dryer screen, the view shows both the dryer status and the bin stats. This is very handy.

The first picture shows the external bin level indicators. The second picture is what I see on my phone. The LEDs in the black box show the height of the wet corn in each wet holding bin.

This allows me or more likely my Great Nephew who lives there to check the dryer status during the night etc. While harvesting, I can check on the status of the wet bins to make plans as necessary.

Edited by tedbear 9/10/2020 13:14

(Bin Indicators (full).JPG)

(DryerPic (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Bin Indicators (full).JPG (118KB - 284 downloads)
Attachments DryerPic (full).JPG (47KB - 216 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)