AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SCC what re you doing to lower yours?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

JR B
Posted 9/10/2020 10:06 (#8486768)
Subject: SCC what re you doing to lower yours?

Linneus Mo.
Over the last 4 years my SCC has averaged 249,000. Always seems to spike through the summer. This year I bought some cows and I then had an electrical fire that caused lots of headaches. I missed one milking on the 30th of July. Cell counts went astrinomical. had a cell count of 526000 for july and a cell count of 562,000 for august. I treated 6 cows in august.

I bed with sand. and I feel do a pretty good job of keep[ing it in the stalls. I have no hired help just me and my son who is a senior in Highschool.

A month ago I switched vets. New vet is talking about making up a vaccine from my herds cultures. Have any of you done this?

New cows seem to be finally adapting to the new world order and they aren't miking great but they are doing better. Currently trying to get them into the vaccination program as they dry off.

What is working for you guys? Really bites getting the big deducts in the milk check the last 2 months. My grandpa who has been dead for 18 years laughed when I told him then my SCC was below 300,000. HE said most of his career he didn't even know what the scc was! TImes change. Just trying to do better and thinking about ways to improve on this rainy day!

I have thick skin so ask me anything. I would also appreciate you telling me what you are doing the exchange of ideas will be great!

Edited by JR B 9/10/2020 12:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)